What is a HEPA Filter?
HEPA filters are the most advanced air filters that you can use. HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air. These filters are used because they are much more efficient in trapping air particles then normal filters. This is the reason that they are used in home air purification systems as well as in the most advanced and sophisticated vacuum cleaners.
How does a HEPA Filter Work?
It is important to understand how HEPA filters work. The basic design of a HEPA filters is a series of dense fiber sheets that trap air in a number of different ways. The larger particles become stuck to the fibers when they collide; other smaller particles become trapped when they are swept into the direction of the fibers. The smallest particles are so light that they drift through slowly in a scientific process known as Brownian Motion. The density of the fiber is believed to force the slow moving particles to eventually become stuck, thereby capturing even the most microscopic particles.
Where is HEPA Filter Used?
HEPA filters are used in hospital settings where the staffs are likely to come into contact with highly infectious airborne disease. The reason hospital staff use HEPA masks is that a normal surgical mask is not capable of removing the microscopic bacteria that can be airborne. Germs that travel through the air are one of the main reasons that these HEPA masks are used all over the world in hospitals.
- Other Industries that Use HEPA Filters
People who clean industrial buildings also use HEPA filters. When a building is being cleaned of asbestos, or if the building has dangerous black mold, then the workers will often times be outfitted with these HEPA filters.
- Domestic Applications for HEPA Filters
Due to the ability of the HEPA filter to capture such a significant amount of mold, dust and other particulate air, these filters have become highly attractive to anyone who wants clean air. There are two different applications that are particularly useful to the normal person. Air purifiers and vacuums are the two different items that have incorporated these filters for domestic use.
What kinds of Vacuums come with HEPA Filters?
The best vacuums on the market will come with HEPA filters. These vacuums will be ideal for anyone who is suffering from allergies, asthma, or simply wants cleaner air to breathe. The HEPA filter is going to be able to capture the pollen, dust mites, and dust mite feces, that a normal vacuum is simply incapable of capturing. There are a few things that need to be looked at before you purchase your HEPA filter vacuum.
What should you look for in a HEPA Vacuum?
You want to be sure that the vacuum is sealed and will use the HEPA filter optimally. This means that the air that is sucked up into the vacuum goes through the filter. Some inexpensive vacuums may use a HEPA filter but if the system has leaks then the air will not all pass through the filter. What happens if the seal is not tight then you will get mold, bacteria, pollen and dust mite debris passing through and into the air.
How can you clean a HEPA Vacuum Filter?
The last thing that you need to get when you get a HEPA filter enabled vacuum is one that has a HEPA filter that you can clean. These filters are perfectly capable of being cleaned with water. You do not have to use any advanced cleaning system, only running water. This will save you a great deal of money on filter replacements.
More Vacuum Suggestions For You
- ILIFE A4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review (2022)
- Are You A Pet Owner? 6 Best Handheld Vacuums Recommended To Get Rid Of Pet Hair Effectively 2022
- Electronic Appliances Guide 2022: How To Hire & Instruct Your Carpet Cleaners?
👉 For Stairs
- Miele S7 Twist S7210 Upright Vacuum Cleaner Review 2022: What People Like About It?
- Are You Looking For A Low Cost Vacuum Cleaner: Ecovacs DEEBOT N79 Review 2022
- 10 Best Vacuum Cleaners For Hardwood Floors In 2022: Choose The Right One To Keep Your House Clean
👉 For Pet Owners
- How To Fight Allergy To Dust Mites? Knowledge, Treatments, And Causes You Should Know To Fight Against 2022
- Vacuum Lists For Upcoming Amazon Black Friday 2022: Best Products For You And For Christmas Gift
- Hoover FH50251PC Power Scrub Elite Pet Carpet Cleaner Review 2022
👉 Carpet Cleaners
- How To Clean Carpet Easily? 6 Best HandHeld Carpet Cleaner Reviews That Will Make Your Life Much Easier 2022
- 9 Best Carpet & Floor Sweeper For Your Home, Restaurants, Cafes & Office 2022
- Do You Want To Remove Stains And Spots On Your Carpet? How To Create A DIY Carpet Cleaner 2022
- Best Vacuum Deals To Save Money: Cleaning Supplies For Staircase That You Should Check During Amazon Prime Day 2022
- Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner Review: Choosing The Best Among Various Products 2022
- Kärcher sc1.020 Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner Review: Recommendation To Clean Your Home Effortlessly 2022
👉 Cleaning Guide