Wondering why the carpets at their home seems cleaner than yours? Well, I can assure you, you are not the only one to think that way. Most of us with carpets are left asking ourselves this question. With this article, I will try to answer this question, with the help of some questions themselves!
How frequently do you clean your carpets?
It is not wise to clean your carpets after they get the dirtiest they can get! Dust and dirt stick on to the carpet and as much you walk on it. It rubs against the carpet and sticks more firmly on it. This reduces the useful life of the carpet too. Thus it is essential to clean the carpet on a periodic manner.
What method of cleaning do you use for the carpets?
People tend to believe that all methods of cleaning give the same result. This is untrue. There are several methods like machines, dry cleaning and special vacuum cleaners. All methods produce different results. Just because the carpet looks clean doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s clean. Each method of cleaning has its pros and cons. Also there is a cost attached to each method. He cost should not outweigh the end result. Vacuum cleaners, especially the steam cleaners and the wet/dry configuration cleaners, are the best choice for home use.
Vacuum cleaners utilize the steam technology. In this, hot water is mixed with some cleaning solution/shampoo and applied to the carpet. It is then sucked out of the carpet. There are again two methods of doing this.
One is the portable method where we use handheld or portable vacuum cleaners to do the job. Other is truck mount cleaning machine where a machine is mounted on to a truck. The truck mount cleaning utilizes heavy machinery and is costly. You have to pay for the cleaning each time in case of dry cleaning or truck mount cleaning. It is essential that you know how much you are spending on the cleaning. Since frequent cleaning is always recommended, this option could be costly.
This brings us back to our friends, the vacuum cleaners. They are the best bet to balance between the cost and the end result.
What type of vacuum cleaner?
The bristles of the vacuum cleaner determine how deep it can penetrate to take out the dirt. But, it is also worth noting how these bristles will respond when pressed hard against a surface. If the bristles bend too much, it hampers the suction. So choose your choice wisely.
How much time do you give to carpets cleaning ?
If you have a carpet that covers a large area, then by the time you finish cleaning one part of the carpet, the dirt could have moved to other part of the room. It is essential to clean the entire carpet in one go. Do not keep sections of the carpet to be cleaned on separate days. It totally defeats the purpose of having a dirt free, allergen free carpet. It is also important to go over the surface several times in a criss-cross movement. This way we can ensure that all parts, including the stubborn deep ones, are covered in the vacuuming and cleaning.
Hope this article gave you ways after which other will be left wondering why is your carpet cleaner than theirs! Happy cleaning!
More Vacuum Suggestions For You
- Bissell ReadyClean PowerBrush Carpet Cleaner Review: Pros And Cons You Should Read Before Purchase 2021
- Neato XV-11 Best Robot Vacuum Review (2021)
- iRobot Roomba 980 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner Review (2021)
👉 For Stairs
- Top 7 Best Upholstery Cleaners For Your Home: Product Recommendations To Get Best-Fitting Vacuum 2021
- Best Cordless Vacuum: Hoover LINX Cordless Stick Vacuum
- Vacuum Lists For Upcoming Amazon Black Friday 2021: Best Products For You And For Christmas Gift
👉 For Pet Owners
- Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Full-Size Carpet Cleaner, 1986. – Review 2021
- Review On ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner For Pets And Allergies Home (2021)
- How To Fight Allergy To Dust Mites? Knowledge, Treatments, And Causes You Should Know To Fight Against 2021
👉 Carpet Cleaners
- How To Maintain And Clean Carpet? 14 Tips That Will Make Your House More Adorable 2021
- 5 Best Car Upholstery Cleaner For Carpets, Fabrics & Interior
- Hoover FH50220 – Carpet Cleaner With Cleaning Stairs Function Review (2021)
- 6 Interesting Facts About Hoover Steamvac: Carpet Cleaning Machine Review 2021
- Is Your Steam Cleaner Too Bulky? Top 5 Best Handheld Steam Cleaner Reviews 2021
- Vax S6 Home Master Steam Cleaner Review: Choosing The Best Among Various Products 2021
👉 Cleaning Guide